Its always a joint effort when it comes to partnerships, business deals, friendships, relationships etc. When it comes to relationship, understanding the meaning of pure love is essential. It has to be genuine to work, you can’t fake it if not you will end up breaking it.
Here are 5 ways that I personally feel can help you create true intimacy, find pure love, and be truly happy in your relationship:
1. Get Ready To Merge: Relationships aren’t about having another person to complete you, but coming to the relationship whole and sharing your life interdependently. By letting go of the romantic ideal of merging and becoming “one,”.
2. Dont compare your partner, Accept Him Or Her just the way they are:
Romantic tragedy occurs when you view the person you are in love as another person or you wish he or she was another person. Don’t try to change how your man dresses, don’t try to tell your girl to slim down. Love her just to the way she is then with time you caution her weight in a loving and caring manner. Register in a gym with her just to motivate her.
3. Be willing to say sorry even when you are not at fault:
The key is to see the other as a mirror and learn from the reflection how you can be a better person. When you feel upset, rather than blame your partner and point fingers, remain awake to what has yet to be healed in yourself and be the bigger one to say sorry just to end further arguments.
4. Get comfortable being alone, Dont be too clingy: You need to accept that love can’t rescue you from being alone, learn to spend time being with yourself, being with your friends and family. By feeling safe and secure to be on your own within the framework of relationship, you will feel more complete, happy, and whole. Don’t act as if you are lifeless without your partner, he or she wont miss you because you are always there. Makes you look cheap.
5. Take note of what causes arguements between you and your partner: Some couples create separateness by fighting and then making up over and over again. This allows you to continue the romantic trance, creating drama and avoiding real intimacy. If you become aware of what you fear about intimacy, you’ll have a better sense of why you’re fighting and likely will fight far less.